16 November: The Subiaco Land Redevelopment Committee approved the development application for Demolition of the Subiaco Oval Grandstands and Associated Infrastructure (Heritage Place) at Lot 12732 (No. 304) Roberts Road.
29 August: An application for the demolition of the Subiaco Oval grandstands submitted to the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority (MRA), marking a major step towards redevelopment of the Subi East precinct. Public comment closed 19 September 2018.
8 August: Completion of forward works, marking the start of construction of the Inner City College. The significant milestone was marked by a traditional Aboriginal smoking ceremony at the Kitchener Park site, led by local Whadjuk custodians. View the Ministerial media statement.
End June - 10 August 2018: Public comment invited on a Heritage Inventory of the Subi East area. 10 June 2018: PMH closed its doors. Decommissioning to commence and will take approximately 14 weeks. 24 March 2018: Subiaco Redevelopment Scheme 2 in affect March 2018: Forward works started on Inner City College in Subiaco; Artist impression of new Inner City College released.
2017 December 2017: Vision for new Inner City College in Subiaco unveiled November 2017: Calls for input on new Subi East planning framework 27 August 2017: Last AFL match played at Subiaco Oval. Round 23 - West Coast Eagles defeated Adelaide Crows by 29 points to secure a spot in the 2017 finals 5 August 2017: New Subiaco Redevelopment Area Boundary established 13 June 2017: Announcement of plans to further transform Subiaco through the development of Subi East (building on the completion of MRA's award-winning Subi Central) February 2017: MRA regulations amended to include the Princess Margaret Hospital site in the Subiaco Redevelopment Area
Historic 14 May 1995: The Western Derby was born. West Coast Eagles and Fremantle Dockers first match against each other. 1949: Children's hospital renamed Princess Margaret Hospital for Children after Princess Margaret, sister of Queen Elizabeth II 1909: Original Perth Children's Hospital opens after 12 years of community fundraising 1908: Subiaco Oval was first developed as a football ground 1890: Noongar campsites sat on the future Princess Margaret Hospital site as the colonisation of Perth extended