Renewal of Albany's waterfront district delivers significant environmental, community and economic benefits to the region.
The project is a major boost to the town's tourism industry, creating a variety of cultural and leisure activities for visitors and the people of Albany and the surrounding region.
It also provides commercial opportunities and a safer harbour for the local fishing and charter industries and for larger recreational vessels.
The development includes five distinct precincts:
• Marina facilities include 74 pens ranging from 10 – 20m. The ultimate capacity of the Harbour is 130 pens. Each pen is serviced with power and water
• Fishing industry hardstand to accommodate existing industry
• Recreational fisherman are also catered for with a boat trailer hardstand and recreational boat launching ramps
• Albany’s existing jetty has been invigorated and linked to a new pedestrian promenade, providing improved public access to the picturesque new waterfront
• A new tavern/wind bar/cafe located right on the water's edge is currently under construction.
• Providing an office location with some of the best views in Albany, amidst the hum of the waterfront.
• Ground-floor retail units could include shops and markets to deliver the freshest ocean catch, along with a range of dining and eating options from restaurants to cafes, juice bars and take-away food
• Includes an opportunity for a hotel which may feature a restaurant, bar, function and conference facilities
• The accomodation will also be waterfront, short-stay serviced apartments
• To be developed around the Albany Entertainment Centre (AEC)
• Includes the new pedestrian bridge connecting Albany’s central business district to the waterfront and nearby community facilities at Anzac Peace Park, providing access to the Albany Visitor Information Centre and the start of the Bibbulmun Track
This is your last chance to develop a piece of the prime Albany waterfront.
An incredible location with stunning views, located next to the Albany Entertainment Centre, this 4,338sqm mixed-use lot is part of the dramatic transformation of the Albany Waterfront.